To Our Clients and Staff,
New Jersey hair salons were forced to close during the Coronavirus pandemic. The requirements issued by the state’s Office of the Attorney General include rules about screening our customers and employees for symptoms of COVID-19 and limiting the number of people allowed in our personal care business. The Hair Lounge will be following all COVID-19 regulations listed below and we will take extreme measures to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
Businesses licensed by the New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling and the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy must follow the comprehensive health and safety standards issued by the Division of Consumer Affairs, including:
- Limiting services to appointment-only;
- Performing pre-screening and temperature checks of clients and staff prior to entering the facility;
- Ensuring staff-client pairs remain at least six feet apart unless separated by physical barriers;
- Requiring use of personal protective equipment, and requiring clients to wear face coverings at all times, regardless of the service they are receiving, unless face down on a massage table or where doing so would inhibit an individual’s health;
- Adopting enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices; and
- Staying informed about new developments and guidance related to COVID-19.
To download a complete copy of the ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER AND NOTICE OF RULE ADOPTION
PURSUANT TO P.L. 2020, c. 18; EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 154 (MURPHY) (JUNE 13, 2020), CLICK HERE
Before making an appointment or entering our salon, we ask all our clients to read the following questions carefully.
If anyone wanting to make an appointment answers “YES” to any of the questions below, guidance is included on what actions we need to take to keep our establishment safe for everyone. Here are our questions that we have to ask all clients and staff:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. or outside the U.S in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder and have you or anyone else been in contact with someone with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answer YES to any of these, you will NOT be permitted to make an appointment or enter our salon. If an appointment was made prior to answering these questions, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. We ask that once you are able to answer NO to our questions, you book your appointment.
We thank everyone for their patience, support, and understanding during this time and we ask that you take these important measures very seriously in order to keep everyone including yourself SAFE!